I have been writing to constituents to spread the word about the Dodder Action Day, organised by Dodder Action Group, a worth event that needs the communities support to work.
Dodder Action is an umbrella group of hardworking volunteers who want to maximise the potential of the River Dodder as an amenity for the local communities. The group includes residents associations, Tidy Town’s committee’s, the Dodder Anglers, and a host of other local volunteers.
As part of this work, the annual Dodder Action day sees volunteers come together to clean up the length of the river. Last year I took part with my scout group (Leeson Park), alongside other scout groups, local groups and volunteers in what was a hugely successful day.
I will be out again this year and it would be great if you could come and join us. Come along at a time and place that suits you
- 10am Herbert Park Herbert Park Hotel Bridge Off Anglesea Road
- 10am Templeogue / KnocklyonDodder Valley Park Carpark near Spawell Bridge on Spawell Link Road
- 11am Donnybrook Footbridge Beaver Row / Brookvale Road
- 11am FirhouseFirhouse Weir Dodder Riverbank ParkOff Firhouse Road by Mount Carmel Park
- 11am Milltown / Clonskeagh Milltown Carpark (Opposite Wilde & Green) Off Milltown Road
- 2pm Orwell / Dartry Footbridge at Orwell Park by Ely Arch Off Dodder Road Lower
- 2pm Rathfarnham Footbridge to Bushy Park Off R112 near Fairways
- 2pm Old Bawn Homelawn Road – Avonmore Road entrance to Homelawn
For more info check out www.dodderactiondublin.com
If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to call me on 0879431494, tweet at @costellop or email email@example.com
Hope to see you there!