Patrick Costello TD is recruiting a Secretarial Assistant. The role is multi-faceted and involves administrative, phone, communications, policy and political work. Suitable candidates should have a minimum of twelve months experience in political, administrative or communications-based roles.
This is a fixed-term (Dáil to Dáil) contract of employment and would terminate automatically following the dissolution of the 33rd Dáil. The contract is subject to a salary scale, dependent on the candidate’s experience. Overtime is available, and the role is based full time in Leinster House.
Please apply by submitting your CV (maximum 2 pages) and a cover letter outlining your suitability to the role (maximum 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties of role:
• Dealing with all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
• Managing constituents’ problems on the telephone. This involves collating full and accurate details of the problem, contacting the relevant Government Department/Local Authority or organisation, and communicating the result to the constituent.
• Liaising with other Oireachtas Members and Local Authority members (TDs, Senators, Councillors) as required.
• Assisting the Deputy with the organisation of meetings/events in the
• Preparing the external communications of the Deputy, social, print and radio. This includes but is not limited to speech/press release writing and video editing.
• Managing the TD’s diary and organisation of meetings.
• Coordinating speaking time, political activities and campaigns.
•Microsoft word, excel, ability to build a database and disseminate data.
•Proficient in writing press releases and statements.
• Good communicator, will be dealing face to face and on phone with constituents and media.
•Good organisation skills.
The salary scale begins at €24,423 on a ten-point scale up to €46,888.43. Overtime is available.
(Please note the payscale for this position is set by the Houses of the Oireachtas and is not under the control of the Deputy or the Green Party)
Working location: Leinster House.